Safety Protocols for In-Person Events*
Before the event
- Review the BSA Pre-Event Medical Screening Checklist to ensure you do not pose a risk to others. If you are in doubt, please stay home!
- Sharing equipment is prohibited so, make sure you have everything you need for the event (including face masks for everyone).
- Participants in high risk categories (the elderly, those with chronic health issues or weakened immune systems) should not attend any in-person events.
- If your immediate circle of contacts includes any people at high risk, plan on avoiding contact with those individuals for 14 days after the event.
At the event
- All participants must wear a mask.
- All participants must observe the 6 foot social distancing requirement.
- Wash hands with soap and water after touching objects.
- Parents and guardians are expected to maintain close observation of their youth when the youth are not under the supervision of unit volunteers.
- Youth Protection guidelines must continue to be observed at all times, including “Two-Deep Leadership” and “No One-to-one Contact”.
After the event
- Avoid contact with people in high-risk categories for 14 days after the conclusion of the event.
- Report any symptoms that arise within the 14 day period to unit leadership immediately.
* These protocols reflect the latest guidance issued by the BSA, Ventura County Council, and the Ventura County Health Department as of July 30, 2020.